23.09.2019 – ESTATUS: CLOSED
ABCON, International Executive Search Agency is looking for a “Head of Sales & Business Development Dept. ” for our client, a trusted international partner for Telecoms and IT projects with headquarters in Madrid.
This company has several projects in Africa and aiming to enter the Eastern European and Central Asian Market.
The “Head f Sales & Business Development” will be responsible of business development and commercial monitoring of active contracts and also hunt for new business opportunities. The role is generally to ensure that the Company’s activities are aligned with the current and future needs of the business sectors in which it operates. It will be about setting up strategies for developing the company’s commercial activities and responsible for coordinating all activities related to identification and market penetration; selling products and services, maintaining cohesion in the implementation of the company’s business strategies.
Its activities are supervised and guided by the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
The general roles for this position are:
In particular, the following objectives will be central to the role of the position:
- Lead the Sales Department to achieve the Corporate Sales objectives.
- Ensure the penetration into new markets and launch of new products.
- Actively participate in all negotiations during the client procurement process according to the directions and instructions of the Chief Executive officer.
- As directed by the CEO, to manage the business relationships with the “Authorized Distributors” and the Business Partners of the Company.
- Formulate and implement an updated commercial and business development strategy and policy for the Company.
- Provide regular reports and information the CEO on the activities and progress registered with the Department.
- Ensure the collection of information in the business sectors of the Company, in view of the implementation of an overall strategy, which respects the corporate vision.
- Provide the data and studies needed to set medium and long-term sales and business development objectives.
- Consult with the executive management and other employees to help formulate sound sales strategies and plans according to prevailing market conditions and requirements.
- Ensure the coherence of the commercial initiatives taken and the actions carried out by the Company.
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Communication Departments taking into account the changing needs of the different sectors and clients.
- Generate new project ideas, according to forecasts of markets evolution and according to the needs expressed or not of the customers.
- Take into account the expectations of potential customers in developing new designs and standards for products and services.
- Collaborate closely with the “Technology Department” in the framework of analysing and recommending new applications and products to develop to maintain a companywide innovative culture.
- Anticipate the evolution of the Telecommunications and the FINTECH sectors and the needs of customers.
- Monitor the introduction of new regulations in the telecommunications sector relevant to the business sector.
- Any other duties assigned by the CEO.
- Education: University degree in Business, Sales and/or Marketing.
- Manage an International Sales force for at least ten years in Business to Business and Business to Government in Telecommunications and the FINTECH sectors.
- At least 5 years in selling technology products and services
- An advanced degree in Sales or business courses, and an MBA will be an advantage.
- Flexibility to the frequent and prolong travels to Africa and Europe.
- Acquire significant contacts in the Telecommunications and Revenue Regulatory Environment, in particular in the African Region.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills in both English and French is a must.
- High organizational skills and great synthesis capacities in order to make effective sales reports
- Good understanding of the telecommunications sector environment.
- Proven track record on the use of technological tools to administer a Sales Department.
- Possess a European work permit/residence will be an added advantage.
- Authorise to work in Spain, and willing to be located in Madrid.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- To lead an ambitious project of commercial expansion in Europe, LATAM & EMEA.
- Competitive income with a Fixed salary (AGS 84,000- 96,000 EUR) & Commission component.
- Flexible schedule.
- Type of Contract: Permanent
If you have this experience and are interested in the position, please send your resume to: email@example.com , (email subject: SALES DIRECTOR – MADRID)